Food, clothing, toys, the roof over your head, even the schoolbooks you use all cost money! To afford these items, adults work to pay for them. One day, you will also have to choose a career to provide for the items you want and need. A career is not just about earning money however, it allows you to actively participate in issues that interest you. Do you love working with animals? Than a career as a veterinarian would be a perfect match. Do you feel at home outdoors? Exploring opportunities to work with nature might be the ideal fit. Do you love to talk and interact with people? There are thousands of careers that need individuals to do just that!
Working with Animals
- Scientists in Action!: Career information related to the natural sciences covers everything from extinct dinosaurs to protecting wildlife.
- Dream Jobs: See how fun and exciting working with the National Parks Service can be!
- Veterinarian Careers: Check out this video to learn more about what veterinarians do and the types of animals they treat.
- Working at a Zoo or Animal Park: find information about careers working with animals and what it takes to be a zoo keeper.
- A Day in the Life of a Geologist: Geologist are scientists that study the Earth. They look at the materials that make up the Earth, the animals that inhabit the planet and even explore natural processes such as earthquakes and volcanoes! Most geologists will spend at least part of their time doing fieldwork.
- Careers in Earth Science: Interested in becoming a forest ranger, meteorologist or oceanographer? Learn more about the abilities and skills needed to advance in earth science fields with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration!
- Environmental Education for Kids: Here you can read up on what it takes to become a park naturalist or a forester.
- Nature Career Opportunities: Are you looking for a job that celebrates nature? Then a career as a zookeeper or a landscape architect may be the perfect fit.
- Want to be a Scientist?: This site explores various science related careers including engineering, a field that focuses on building and improving structures and machines.
Working with People
- Careers in Health and Science: Get the inside scoop on being a lung doctor, or a growth biologist.
- FBI Jobs: The Federal Bureau of Investigation has a lot of fun and rewarding careers to explore. Besides field agent positions, those who work on computers, can speak foreign languages, or can fly a plane are wanted!
- FEMA Careers for Kids: Kids interested in helping individuals struck by disasters may be interested in working for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Get started by reviewing the various skills and educational requirements needed to work for FEMA.
- Inside the Courtroom: Look at what it’s like to be a judge or a federal prosecutor and go inside the courtroom.
- Career Clusters: Choose from a variety of different career categories and find the career that is right for you!
- The Fun Works: Careers in medicine and law have the power to change lives! Lean about the skills valued for a career as a nurse, doctor, patent lawyer or dietitian.
The careers discussed here are just the beginning. To find the right career for you, consider the school subjects that interest you most, your hobbies, skills and your personality. With hard work and passion, your dream job will be within reach!